Sunday 18 July 2010

I'VE REALLY DONE IT THIS TIME...

Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap...I've really messed things up now! My wedding is in two weeks, i don't have the largest income, and i still have to get Ben's suit, wedding rings, flowers, shoes, well the list goes on. So a few weeks ago i had a brainwave, why don't i get a credit card? So my application was accepted, i dutifully signed the credit agreement, leaving ben to look over the details. " ooo he said, the credit limit is £1500!" " nice" i thought to myself. Thats £200 rings, £150 suit, £50 my shoes, £100 flowers, etc.

And so smugly i await the arrival of my shiny new plastic friend to ease my arrival into marital bliss. Forteen days before the actual wedding day, i eagerly await the post. "oooo look how pretty my new card is. Wait, whats that on top of the letter, credit limit £100?" At this point i promptly begin to hyperventilate! Nooooo they have the decimal point in the wrong place, surely?? Sadly not as it turns out. What ben read was actually credit limit up to 1500! UP TO BEN, UP TO, AAAARRRGHH!!

Ok, so i've got myself into a mess....again! Lousy credit companies, if you read my earlier post on " Responsible lending my arse" you are probabaly tutting and thinking i should have learned my lesson by now. Unfortunatly, i did not! I can't beleive i'm actually going to admit the full extent of my stupidity right now, but hell, why not? I had a call from a company called cash finance direct, they told me they could get me a loan and all i had to do was call their premium no. ( £2.00 per min) and they would refund the full price of the call once i sent them my bill. They claimed they would guareentee me a loan. Weeks later, of course no loan, a phone bill for £200 and no sign of the refund cheque they promised me. This is not the first time they caught me out either, throghout the phonecall i had a niggling sense of de ja vous, about a year earlier they had done the same thing concerning a credit card i never received. I was so worried about the cost of the wedding i had forgotten untill i sat and thought about it afterwards. If this company ever contact you, avoid them like the plague they are!

I really can't beleive how stupid i've been, i am totally ashamed of myself folks, and have been left with a large hole to dig myself out of, i have a feeling this one may take some time. Lets hope i can salvage my wedding though?

No comments:

Post a Comment