Tuesday 20 July 2010

Tan-tastic!

My fiancee and i, were shopping in exeter a few weeks ago, looking for his suit for our wedding in two weeks. Now it's no secret that we are on a budget, so we were browsing through the sale rack, when a shop assistant approached us. "can i help you sir? madam?" "we are looking for a suit for a wedding." I said. "actually, our wedding." Ben chimed in. The shop assisstant looked at us as if we had just walked in, and tried to hold up the place! ( burtons, as it happens) That we would buy a suit to get married in, in the SALE section!! Shocked i was, to say the least. I mean come on, he works in burtons, how much can a shop assistant earn, that he would be so horrified that we would shop such low end for our wedding? Where does he shop on his paycheck, harrods?
Exactly how much do people spend on suits then? I figured £100 was perfectly reasonable for a suit? It's really no bloody wonder i have taken to doing my shopping online. Needless to say we did'nt get the suit that day, i gave Ben the money and sent him to get it-ha! Snooty sales people successfully dodged!

I also decided to try out some fake tan, i really don't want to look like a milk bottle on my wedding day. It did'nt quite go according to plan, i have to say. I got out of the bath, towel dried, and proceeded to spray on the strangley mahogany looking substance. I discovered you really should'nt try and use fake tan after a bath! It sort of gathered in bits of dead skin, pooled in my creases (i mean elbows, and insides of arms, and knees, mind out of the gutter) although it did kinda highlight my cleavage, but i ended up looking like i'd been tie dyed in brown paint, or more likely looking like i had'nt washed for a month! I looked like an albino street kid from oliver! So that was the ed of my tanned goddess fantasy.I suppose i could always go outside, and sit in the sun? Nah, too much like hard work! No, really though, i never, ever go brown, i go from white to red, then i peel, and instead of having a residual tan, i peel only to reveal even whiter skin underneath. *sigh* I'm actually quite glad i did'nt go for a white wedding dress now, the pure white fabric made me almost a sickly yellow colour-soooo not a good look! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment