Saturday 20 March 2010

ALTERNATIVE POEM

You look into my eye's,
I avert my gaze.Scared of what you'll see in me.
Would you love me if you knew?
Would you're tender touch,be so gentle,if you knew the depths of me?
The pain he left me with, you turned it to love.
Can i love the way you need from me?
My skin has healed,but my soul is scarred.Do you see the diesease that spreads inside me?
The deep shadows that haunt my memories.they say that time heals all,you're gone from my life but the scars remain.
I srare at the night sky,and see you're face in the stars,mocking me.
You're voice a whisper on the wind,on the street, i turn to the sound of footsteps behind me.My heart beating through my chest,will it be you i see?
I will never be free.
How can i ask you to carry my pain?
You melted the ice of bitterness he instilled in me.
But baby the shackles that bind me will never break.

by emma carter (johnson)

No comments:

Post a Comment