Sunday 5 September 2010

You have got to be kidding me??

Late last night i received an email, nothing shocking there. It appeared to be from a Mr. Nom Cho, although when i looked closer the true location of the email was from some one called Michelle. Mr Nom Cho stated that he works for a bank in japan, one of his wealthy clients died leaving 24 million unclaimed, just sitting in a bank account. This client has no next of kin, and he was in desperate need of some one to claim to be this clients relative. If i did this i would receive 30% of the 24mil!!

Can you believe it!! Gob smacked i am, totally gobsmacked. It has to be the oldest trick in the book. So i sent him/her this email in reply.

OK, just kidding! Here's what i sent to him/her:
Sir,
I have just three questions for you.
1. If you are who you say you are, why did your email address come up under a different name?
2. I suppose you are going to ask me for my bank details next?
3. Not really a question, but still.. If you are going to try and scam people why use the oldest Internet scam around, you haven't even varied it, just used word for word, the oldest trick in the book!

Emma Johnson.

So, tutting away, i forgot about it, and then the cheeky ba*$!*d emailed me this message:

Dear Friend,






i must let you understand that the name you saw in my first mail was dull to a computer error that is why i as that you should send me mail with my other e mail address, i know you we think that i am trying to act funny but the fat is that i must do things that know one we know about in my country and my bank may know that i am the one that contact you so you shoud try to understand why i did that.



so i we advice you to get back to me so that we move on, i am not going to ask yu to send me your account information all i need from you is for you to help me stand as the next of kin so that both of us an move this funds down to your country.



You should not have anything to worry about, I will do everything lawfully required to ensure that the project goes smoothly, it shall pass through all Laws of International Banking, and you have my word and I agree to your 30% fare deal. There is no risk involve all I want is your cooperation to make the transfer a success, the transfer will be done legally An attorney In the name of Mr. Woo Cheng a Korean Citizen will prepare the necessary Affidavits, which shall put you in place as next of kin; he will obtain the necessary clearances from the Hong Kong authorities that will cover all the aspects involved in this transaction. This attorney shall handle all matters of probate on your behalf, he will have all the documents perfected, and with these documents he shall come forward to my bank to apply for the immediate release and transfer of the funds to the account you shall open on your behalf, hence your presence may not be required here in Hong Kong Unless you so desire. I have been a banker for many years and I know perfectly how the system works. Having resolved to entrust this transaction into your hands, I want to remind you that, it needs your commitment and diligent follow up. If you work seriously, the entire transaction should be over in a couple of days.



READ THE FOLLOWING AND GET BACK TO ME:



Firstly, how old you are, you should note that this project is highly capital intensive, this is why I have to be very careful, I need your total devotion and trust to see this through. I know we have not met before though I will be coming to your country after the successful transfer of these funds out of my bank for the final sharing, but still I am very confident that we will be able to establish the necessary trust that we need to execute this project.



I am now in contact with a foreign offshore online bank in the United Kingdom; I will intend that you open an account in your name in this foreign bank hence we will not be making use of your personal Bank account. The money would be transferred to your account which you will open in the foreign bank for both of us in your name, this is the best way, I have found; it will protect us from my bank. I want us to enjoy this money in peace when we conclude. So you should listen to my instructions and follow them religiously. Also you have to know that I cannot transfer this money in my name, as my bank will be aware that it is from me, this is where I NEED YOU.



As result of this, you will have to open an account in the corresponding bank. I will obtain a certificate of deposit from my bank, it will be issued in your name, and this will make you the real owner of the funds. After this, the money will be banked online for both of us. We can then instruct the bank to transfer our various shares into our respective home bank accounts though at this time I would have come over to your country to meet with you. I will also perfect the documentations with the assistance of my attorney to give the transaction the legal right.



Before I commence, I will need you to send me a copy of any form your identification (Driver's license, Work ID or International passport). I want to be sure that I am transacting with the correct person. As soon as I get these from you, I will commence the paper work with the assistance of my attorney. I hope you will understand why I need all these, the money in question is big and I want to ensure that I know you well before I proceed to give you all the details to commence the project, I will also send you my Identities and family album upon receipt of your identification. I will send the name and contact details of the United Kingdom Bank to you as soon as I have confirm that we could make use of it because I have to be sure that it is an affiliate of my bank that can protect the funds before you can commence communication with them.



Once again please ensure that you keep this project CONFIDENTIAL, do not discuss it with anybody, because of the confidential nature of this transaction and my work. Please reply soonest with the required Identification
                                  
 
Can you believe it? Oh, so that's a relief, you don't want my bank details you just need my passport!! Well sure...go ahead...you want one of my kidneys with that!!! OH PLEASE!!
 
This jerk really does not give up. Got me wondering though, i mean i bet they would be able to sell my passport for thousands right? The sad thing is, people actually fall for these scams, people HAVE fallen for these scams! Hmmm how embarrassing. So beware people, these losers are out there, and to the con artists writing these crappy emails...LEARN TO FREAKING SPELL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment